Udon Comics' Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors Issue 1 was written by Ken Siu-Chong with artwork by Joe Vriens and Eric Vedder. The first issue continues off of the last comic in the six part Darkstalkers series and starts off with Donovan Baine and Anita. The side story done by Joe Ng features a several new characters and includes a Soul Bee from Q-Bee's tribe.
The comic was released on February 1st, 2010 and featured two covers. One cover featured Q-Bee, drawn by Emily Warren and another cover drawn by Alvin Lee which would later become the middle of a three part panorama.
- "The ghoulish monsters and sexy seductresses known as the Darkstalkers are back! Morrigan, Demitri, Bishamon, and Donovan are joined by newcomers like Huitzil, Anakaris, and Q-Bee. It’s man VS demon, robot VS mummy, succubus VS vampire and more, as the creatures of the night battle for control of the darkness!"
- –Udon Entertainment
- Donovan Baine
- Morrigan Aensland
- Demitri Maximoff (refeared to as Demitri Maximov in previous issues)
- Huitzil units
- Dr. Varvle (also referred to as Professor, in the video games canon he is called Varvle Mattlayer)
- Thornton (new to the series and non-canon to the main series)
- A Soul Bee
- Diabolus Dionaea muscipula or Demon Flytrap (new to the series and non-canon)
- Donovan is referred to as the "Night Warrior" by an unnamed darkstalker.
- Belial, Morrigan's father is mentioned.
- Unlike Darkstalkers, the Night Warriors comic series does not include any "Darkstalkers Minis."
|Eric Vedder, Joe Vriens|
|Bonus story pencils:||Joe Ng|
- Diabolus is Latin for Devil and Dionaea muscipula is the scientific name for the Venus Flytrap, which is also Latin.
- In the background at the end of Donovan, Anita and Bishamon's story arch in this issue is a sign that may read Lyons Tea. This may refer to a brand of tea from Ireland known as Lyon's Tea.
|Darkstalkers in printed media|
|Comics and manga|
|Darkstalkers (manhua) • Vampire Savior (manga) • Darkstalkers / Red Earth: Maleficarum • Darkstalkers (UDON) • Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors (UDON) • Vampire Resurrection Official Anthology Comic • Street Fighter VS. Darkstalkers|
|Secret File • Darkstalkers Graphic File • Vampire Artworks • Darkstalkers Tribute|
|Darkstalkers (Udon) issues|
|"Capcom Summer Special 2004" • Issue 01 • Issue 02 • Issue 03 • Issue 04 • Issue 05 • Issue 06|
|Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors issues|
|Issue 01 • Issue 02 • Issue 03|
|Street Fighter VS. Darkstalkers issues|
|Issue 0 • Issue 01 • Issue 02 • Issue 03 • Issue 04 • Issue 05 • Issue 06 • Issue 07|