|Name in Kana||フェリシア|
|Height||5'6" or 168 cm|
|Weight||128 lbs or 58 kg, 4.1 kg as a cat|
|3 Sizes||B88 W61 H87|
Felicia is a Catwoman who was taken in and raised by a Sister named Rose who gave her the name Felicia from the word Felicity. Despite her identity as a Darkstalker being exposed, she was not turned away by her as Felicia had feared. When Rose passed away, Felicia left her town hoping to be a musical star.
She knew that the outside world was not pretty as it was filled with much prejudice towards Darkstalkers for being different. Despite this, Felicia never lost hope, as she remembered what she was told before that one has to obtain happiness on their own. She wishes there to be a way for peaceful coexistance between Darkstalkers and humans alike. For that, she pursues her dream of becoming a famous musical star to serve as a bridge between the two races.
During her travels, she met many other Catgirls of her kind. With her new found friends, she set out for her dream of being on stage. Eventually, she and her friends successfully started a musical with Felicia being the main star after being scouted by a talent agent.
In the events of Vampire Savior, she wondered about how she could make others happy. In her ending, she constructed an orphanage named the 'Felicity House'.
In the Udon comic, Felicia struggles to score a big break in media, but her status as a Darkstalker made it difficult. In one audition, it was interrupted when a group of hunters chased Jon Talbain in, where Felicia quickly repelled them. She was shocked when Jon then attacks her despite helping him, and was forced to take him down. Taking pity on him, Felicia drags Jon back to her apartment to recover, where she learned of the werewolf's past and his animosity towards humanity in general. To prove he is wrong, Felicia takes Jon with her to visit the orphanage she grew up in, where she was welcomed with open arms. One night, when Jon transformed, he was confused when a kid wasn't shocked at his appearance, merely saying that since he's a friend of Felicia's, he's a friend as well. Felicia peeked in, telling Jon that he'll have to change his opinion of humans after this exchange.
She is an energetic and optimistic catgirl who enjoys singing, dancing and making friends with people. All she wishes for is peaceful coexistence with humans and doesn't resort to fighting unless she cannot avoid it. Because of this, she stands out among all the other Darkstalkers who are anti-hero at best.
Female species are called catwomen as to Male cats of the species are called Catmen (similar to the Incubi are males as the females are called succubi), Catmen are rarely seen by human eyes but there none the less. A tan Catman with black fur is seen in Darkstalkers Night Warriors #2
Felicia's companions Edit
|Alto is a child with a ribbon in her hair is 20 years old and her birthplace is unknown. Alto was kept as a rare pet by a rich family until she escaped. She lived in the mountains but was saved by another catwoman, Grace. She is desrcibed as being shy and afraid of strangers.|
|Grace, a 24 year old catwoman from Utah is tall and wears her hair in a pony tail. She has the ability to transform into human form.|
|Wearing a bandanna. She is 36 years old and was born in Virginia. She used to work in a circus. When one of her few understanding human friends died of a sickness, she left the circus. While she was wandering, she met Felicia. She's very cynical and likes to make cynical remarks. She is known for her physical strength.|
|Nana and Mimi|
|Two girls with ribbons. Both were born in Hong Kong and raised in Saitama, Japan. They arrived to Japan after being mixed up with cargo on a smuggling ship. They were found and raised by an understanding old couple. Both are described as easy going.|
|Friends with Nana, they became friends in the mountains behind their house. Her age and background aren't clear. She likes to hide in a ball.|
|Piko is small and wears keeps her hair in braids. She is 14 years old and was born in Minnesota. She used to live in an orphanage, but after she saw Felicia's stage show, she left her orphanage to seek Felicia. She said to be filled with curiosity.|
Curse of the Cat Woman by Edward Field (1967) Edit
It sometimes happens that the woman you meet and fall in love with is of that strange Transylvanian people with an affinity for cats.
You take her to a restaurant, say, or a show, on an ordinary date, being attracted by the glitter in her slitty eyes and her catlike walk, and afterwards of course you take her in your arms and she turns into a black panther and bites you to death.
Or perhaps you are saved in the nick of time and she is tormented by the knowledge of her tendency: That she daren't hug a man unless she wants to risk clawing him up.
This puts you both in a difficult position-- panting lovers who are prevented from touching not by bars but by circumstance: You have terrible fights and say cruel things for having the hots does not give you a sweet temper.
One night you are walking down a dark street And hear the pad-pad of a panther following you, but when you turn around there are only shadows, or perhaps one shadow too many.
You approach, calling, "Who's there?" and it leaps on you. Luckily you have brought along your sword and you stab it to death.
And before your eyes it turns into the woman you love, her breast impaled on your sword, her mouth dribbling blood saying she loved you but couldn't help her tendency.
So death released her from the curse at last, and you knew from the angelic smile on her dead face that in spite of a life the devil owned, love had won, and heaven pardoned her.
In the Darkstalkers seriesEdit
- Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
- Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge
- Darkstalkers 3
- Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
- Darkstalkers Resurrection
In Japanese only gamesEdit
- Vampire Hunter 2
- Vampire Savior 2
- Vampire Chronicle for Matching Service
- Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection
In other video gamesEdit
- Capcom Fighting Jam
- Cross Edge
- Felicia's Magical Step (cell phone game)
- Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
- Namco vs Capcom
- SNK vs Capcom: Card Fighters Clash
- SNK vs Capcom: Card Fighters Clash 2
- SNK vs Capcom: Card Fighters DS
- SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- Super Gem Fighter: Mini Mix
- Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
- Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
- Onimusha Soul
- Street Fighter Alpha 2, Felicia is seen relaxing in the pool in Ken Masters' stage.
In other MediaEdit
Felicia was a central protagonist in Darkstalkers the Animated Series, who, with other Darkstalkers such as Jon Talbain, Rikuo and occassionally Donovan Baine, fought against Pyron. She also appears in the Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge OVA.
- Originally, Felicia was supposed to be depicted as the "sexy girl" and Morrigan the "cute girl" before reversing it.
- Felicia was originally was going to be designed as a wereleopard.
- Felicia has the largest bust of the Darkstalker females, beating even SNK's Mai Shiranui.
- She has the second-most appearances outside of Darkstalkers behind Morrigan.
- In UMvC3, her win quote against Frank West has her mentioning her goal of extending her career from musicals to film. This could also be seen as a reference to her Pocket Fighter storyline where she sought out Ken to gain a movie contract.
- Felicia is the first barefoot female fighter in a fighting game.
- Felicia's DLC for UMvC3 has her play as Yellow Iris from Battle Circuit, a classic Capcom beat-em-up.
- In the Chinese manga adaptation, Felicia is involved in a love triangle with both Jon Talbain and Demitri. She also has a human form.
- Like Morrigan, Felicia was voiced consistently in the games up to Cross Edge by her original voice actress, Kae Araki. As of Marvel vs Capcom 3 she is now voiced by Kana Asumi.
- Felicia shares some similarities with Sonic the Hedgehog. Their battles techniques, involving rolling into a ball (her rolling bucker and his spindash) and their kicking moves (her delta kick and his numerous kicking attacks). They're also the fastest characters of their franchise, are both animal/human-like creatures and are oddly enough, both nude.
- Felicia's official art for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is visually similar to her official art from the original Darkstalkers.
- In Revelations: Persona, there is an catgirl-type enemy with the same traits and name as Felicia.
- In MvC2, Felicia is the only female character who is barefoot.
- Felicia's Midnight Bliss form is a shout-out to the famous skirt blowing action of Marilyn Monroe.
- Some of Felicia's game sprites and artwork depict her with blue eyes (to match her hair) while other of her sprites, artwork and etc, show her with bright green eyes (to match her feline features), as a result her eyes colors is always debatable.
- Like a real life cat, when Felicia is in places with light, her pupils become vertical, while in dark places it becomes round.
|The full image gallery for Felicia may be viewed Felicia/Gallery.|
|The full video gallery for Felicia may be viewed Felicia/Gallery#Videos.|
|Main characters||Anakaris • Baby Bonnie Hood • Bishamon • Demitri Maximoff • Donovan Baine • Felicia • Hsien-Ko |
Huitzil • Jedah Dohma • Jon Talbain • Lilith • Lord Raptor • Morrigan Aensland • Pyron • Q-Bee
Rikuo • Sasquatch • Victor von Gerdenheim
|Other characters||Anita • Belial Aensland • Dark Talbain • Dee • Harry Grimoire • Le Malta • Majorette • Marionette • Oboro Bishamon • Shadow|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Capcom, (2008). Darkstalkers Graphic File. Udon Entertainment Corp, pg. 64. ISBN 1897-37604-9
- ↑ Capcom, (2008). Darkstalkers Graphic File. Udon Entertainment Corp. p.141 ISBN 1897-37604-9
- ↑ Capcom, (2008). Darkstalkers Graphic File. Udon Entertainment Corp. p.142 ISBN 1897-37604-9
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Capcom, (2008). Darkstalkers Graphic File. Udon Entertainment Corp, pg. 143. ISBN 1897-37604-9